Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hurricane Ike images I just found... unpleasant reminder



I just found some of these nightmarish Hurricane Ike images from a forgotten folder on my desktop, and seeing these brings back a whole host of nasty memories. I remember this Doppler image as a sure sign that we needed to get out of the area and fast (and I'm glad we did. The damage done around the area was one thing, but 1+ week without power would have been too much.)

The TransStar images were taken prior to clearing out of the area. This type of traffic is just nightmarish to me, because we encountered the SAME THING four years ago when Hurricane Rita came through. The traffic out was just unreal.

Next time a storm comes near I'm getting out of here early.

But regardless of the hurricanes (TWO of which I've been through in four years in Texas) I still don't miss living up north near Chicago...






No comments:

Post a Comment